Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II

User activity chart

Hi,

i would like to build a custom chart which displays the user activity on our charts.

I know there are pre-build monitoring charts in Qlik Sense but using them i frequently get performance issues with the Qlik server

and i also would like to only display a smaller customized part of them.

Right now, i would just like to display which users access which apps how often on which days.

Can somebody give me some tipps how to get this information from the internal Qlik data store (log files? database?).

Would be very glad for some advice.

Cheers,

John

7 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi John,

i have a question, which kind of database are you using? if you have within your database the field: last_activtity, you can implement this field in scrip-area in Qlik_Sense, but before you should create The Access Section-Concept, where you can restrict the access of any users to your app, and if you finished with Access_Section, you will be able to see on the base of field: last_activity,who of uses and how long have been used/ seen your app / dashboard.

to issue Access Section look at this: QlikView Tutorials | QlikView Security | Component Level Security in QlikView - YouTube

I hope that helps

Beck

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

why dont you

1. take a copy of the monitoring app.

2. Strip out all the sheets and visualisations you dont need. 

3. Identify only the fields that are used and modify the reload script to exclude all others so reducing time to reload and app size.

Then you'll have a monitoring app suited to your use case just take a copy of the orignal dont overwrite it.

I havent done this but thats probably where id start looking.

Regards

Andy

schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes thats what i did at first.

The code in the data editor is quite hard to understand though if you dont have some basic knowledge of what information resides where 😕

schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

what do you mean which database?

I'm using Qkli Sense - can i select in which database Qkli Sense stores its user information?

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

John,

with Database, i mean, wherefrom you take the data

schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes thats what i thought

And thats exatcly my problem - i dont know where to take the data from 😕

I just know Qlik stores it somewhere but i dont know where.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Ah ok, that does look your sitation a bit another, you can use the Access Section, and in setting of QMC, you can generate a log-file, where you can see the information regarding your user-activity.

Or you should see all your fields in script-area within your qliksense ap. maybe you have this field: user_activity, last_acivity.

Beck