Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natalia_rodrigues
Contributor III
Contributor III

User chooses which measure he wants to see in a chart

Hi  guys!

Is is possible to create a chart in qlik sense with dynamic measures? 

I want to have one single chart, where the user have the possibility to choose (with buttons, dropdown list, whatever) which measures he wants to see over the years. He can compare for example up to 6 measures at the same time, and lets say he wants to see Budget Plan, Forecast Resource Costs and Forecast Material Costs. Then he chooses these 3 measures in a dropdown list, for example, and the other 3 measures would be hidden (should not appear in chart or legend, for example), ist that possible?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Natalia 

You may try to use this extension qsvariable

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/56728f52d1e497241ae697f8

you will by able to create buttons with your different mesures so that users can select witch mesures they want to be displayed in your chart 

Bruno

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Natalia,

Don't use an extension for this, but there is a native function in Qlik called Add alternative. You as a developer chooses which measures are included and the key user can choose themselves.

2019-05-03 15_15_11-Inbox - jordy.wegman@climber.nl - Outlook.png

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
natalia_rodrigues
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Climber,

The thing is that, the user may want to compare different number of measures at the same time. He may want to visualize 3 measure at the same time, or maybe 2 or 4....
natalia_rodrigues
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bruno!
Thanks for your answer, I tried this extension already, but when I want to hide one of the measures, the legend still stays there, and I have to create a separate droplist for each measure. If I want to allow the user to see 7 measures at once, then I have to program 7 variables and 7 droplists for each one…

I would like to have something cleaner...
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Natalia,

That is also possible. You can add as many measures as the object allows. It's not possible to add more measures, but you can add 'unlimited' alternatives.

2019-05-03 15_49_54-PowerPoint Presentation.png

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What object are you talking about actually? Because if you are using a table, you can also use our extension the Climber Report. Even better, you can get the Climber Report + for free and you are able to customize your own tables (read your users). You can download it here: https://lnkd.in/d4_hEj2

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
natalia_rodrigues
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using a combo chart. The thing is, when the user choses to see an alternativ, it with switch from a measure to another, and the user may want to see both, and add more measure to the charts, or hide some of them, according to what he wants to compare. If he wants to see 4 measures at the same time, just those 4 should be shown, and if later he wants to hide one and see only 3, just those 3 would be shown (the legend would show only those 3 two), and it would also change automatically what would be shown in a table. 😞