Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III

User groups not synching from Okta to Qlik Cloud

Hi,

I have this issue where the user groups that have been created in Okta are not getting carried over to Qliksense Cloud. The Okta admin had also added users to these user groups but I am not able to see these groups in Qliksense even though I logged out of both the applications completely and logged back in multiple times. Please see attached screenshots for more information.  Can you please help?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Actually, I am able to see the user groups now in Qliksense. Thanks a lot for your help @Seanog_Murphy @Akshesh_Patel 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @SudharshanK 

Please check the following article which describes how to enable automatic user group creation when using Auth0 and Okta Identity Providers in Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-Enable-User-Groups-in-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-SaaS/ta-p... 

SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for providing me with the link to this video. I had already followed the steps in this video for Okta IDP and it says that Qliksense should automatically get the user groups from Okta but somehow this is not happening for me. Are there any steps that I am missing here?

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @SudharshanK 
Did you enable creation of groups in the Settings of the Tenant?

You can maybe use the following api call to check which claims are being sent from your IDP to Qlik. Please append the following onto your tenant URL as an authenticated user

/api/v1/diagnose-claims

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

A few things to check here are:

- Make sure the "Creation of groups" setting is enabled (Management Console > Settings > Toggle on the group creation)

- Check if the groups are actually coming over to SaaS by (https://<Your Tenant URL>/api/v1/groups)

Thanks

SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I enabled this setting in the Management Console. I tried appending /api/v1/diagnose-claims to the tenant URL but its throwing an error. See attached screenshot

SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I had enabled creation of groups. I am getting error when trying to check the groups. See attached screenshot

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

@SudharshanK 
Please make sure you have already authenticated the user you are using to make the api call

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you on the Qlik Sense trial ? if yes then you won't be able to make the API calls. 

SudharshanK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Actually, I am able to see the user groups now in Qliksense. Thanks a lot for your help @Seanog_Murphy @Akshesh_Patel