Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User input prompts

I have an  qlik sense app that uses an oracle sql query in the data load editor as the data source that originally had date prompts like this SALES_DATE BETWEEN TO_DATE (:tdate, 'mm/dd/yy')

AND TO_DATE (:edate, 'mm/dd/yy'))  How can I make this prompt function in Qlik Sense?

Thanks

3 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi

back end:

you can try like below

Load *

from table

where Sales_Date>=$(vDate) and Sales_Date<=$(vDate)

Front end:

you search like below

Capture.JPG

ps: $(vDate) is the variable or you can just use the actual date field also.

also check this extension

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=2.166948606.1741849862.1503901427-3574553.1502348888#!/project/5697a878...

Tks,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

I am using an odbc connection using an oracle driver and it does not seam to recognize any of the syntax such as Load I can replace load with Select and it works but does not like the variable for date selection.

thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You don't have any prompting of dates that you do while running a load script directly.

However you can use "On Demand App for Big Data" (secret: it can be used for more than just big data) to create a selection app (doing the prompting/selection) which can be used as input to a template app that use the parameters from the selection app.