cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhineo
Contributor II
Contributor II

User run time Dynamic values parameter

I am pretty much comfortable with Power Bi where I can use Parameters to pass the user input in pop up box and filter records based on it. But not sure how i can do it in Qlik Sense. Please help..

For example, Suppose my datawarehouse has Date field and updated counts of some dimension(Software updates), i can put filter to select existing counts of particular date, but user want to in what dates 10000 updates had happened then?

Here user has authority to give user input in run time, he can give 30000, 400000, 3001 , anything.

For similar scenarios, i would use parameter in Power BI and dynamic variable will link to updated count field, Parameter will allow user to enter numbers what he want, and same will go dynamic variable for filtering / calculating / finding out the dates ...

I am not sure how to do it in Qlik Sense, Please help.

1 Reply
Nicole-Smith

It sounds like you want to look into on-demand apps.  There is some documentation here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/using-OnDemand... and there are also some courses in the QCC that may help.