Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shahzad_Ahsan
Creator III
Creator III

Users cannot login with different machine in Qlik sense hub

Hi Everyone

I have installed qlik sense server and allocated users from active directory. When a user logins to QS then it automatically goes to Hub. It never prompt for Username and Password. Even if I clear all history then also It doesn't prompt for credentials. By this I cannot login with any other user.

If I go with 'Run as different user' then it gives the attached error:

image001.png

What I need is , I want to login with different users on a single machine. Is this possible?

7 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

To do this I think you sould change the authentication method: Authentication methods ‒ Qlik Sense

Maybe mto‌ can confirm you this ?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

If you are using windows authentication it's working as expected.

you can use different users to connect with Qlik Sense Server, simple using different windows accounts on the same user machine.

Also you have to allocate a Qlik Sense license to both users of course.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi Andrea,

you are right, it is working fine here.

but suppose I added/synchronized users using the Active directory connector and at the same time I want Qliksense to ask me for creditentials every time (for changing the user without changing windows session for example).

We need to change the Authentication method right ?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

yes you right, I used "Ticket" as authentication method for example.

Shahzad_Ahsan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Andrea & Youssef

Thank You for your replies

Please see the snapshot for authentication in virtual proxies. I dont know what to do next.

Authentication.jpg

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

You should refer to the help page that I gave you, I've never tried to change it.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

it's not easy to explain because you'll also have to implement a Single Sign On in some way (ex. web app).

however a good starting point could be here http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploy...