Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Using Apps from another Server

Hello Community,

i am wondering, is it possible to copy the binary App-Files from an Server (located under Qlik/Sense/Apps)

to another Server and use the app without changing things?

I was trying that, but i couldnt see the App in the QMC or the Hub. What did i wrong?

Is it necessary to copy also the corresponding Repository/AppContent File?

I want to copy files from one location to another location without using the QMC Import or Export function.

Can anybody explain what to do?

Thank you for your time and Answer 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
millan123
Contributor

Re: Using Apps from another Server

Hi Alexandaer Radtke,

Yes, You can copy the all apps from one sever to another sever with the help of batch file. You can copy all the files and after that you need to Import that apps in to your new Qlik Sense server .It will help you

Thanks,

Clark

4 Replies
mov
Esteemed Contributor III

"I want to copy files from one location to another location without using the QMC Import or Export function."

Why?  Export/import is exactly what you need.

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer, but this is not exactly what i need, because i need an option to export/import many files.

If i want to import one or two single apps, this would be fine, but i want to export and import about 100 Apps. So i need a process to automate it or to load many file at once.

millan123
Contributor

Hi Alexandaer Radtke,

Yes, You can copy the all apps from one sever to another sever with the help of batch file. You can copy all the files and after that you need to Import that apps in to your new Qlik Sense server .It will help you

Thanks,

Clark

Not applicable

Thank you

That was, what i was looking for. Thank you for the response.

For everyone who had the same question:

Take a look here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Content/APIs-and-SDKs.htm

Community Browser