Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Qlik Sense Desktop to deliver reports to end-customers?

My name is Tiago and my company is looking to use the power of Qlink Sense to provide some data-driven reports to our customers.

Right now, we've followed this steps:

1. Building the app.

2. Upload it to the cloud.

3. Use the single configurator to get a link for a sheet with enabled interaction.

Now we have some doubts about the possibility of sharing the result with clients:

1. Is it possible to have the Qlik Sense Desktop running on some machine and give access to customers?

2. Is it possible for the customers to login on our website and then have a link to redirect to some Qlik page?

(The single configurator link refers to localhost.....)

We are definitely using Qlik professional services but we cannot yet figure out which is the best solution for us.

Regards,

Tiago

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tiago,

As per my knowledge tokens would not play any role in Mashup APIs. This directly embeds the Qlik server to your website.

Regards

Sai.

Not applicable
Author

Below is a pretty good video on mashups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz1mpM7tL40

You can also access the workbench on your local host from the link below but Qlik Sense desktop must be running.

http://localhost:4848/workbench

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Sure

Not applicable
Author

Hello SaiKumar33,

I think that video is probably the closest thing I've seen to the solution we wish to deploy. I still have two questions:

1. If we have Qlik Sense Desktop running in the same server as our website, should I use localhost (like in the video) or something like myserver.com/.....?

2. We've run some tests using a mashup created with the single configurator with Qlik Sense Desktop and we found out that if you use some filter/interaction, it'll affect what the other users see.

a. Is that because we're using Qlik Sense Desktop instead of Qlik Sense Server?

b. Is that a session issue? Does it have to do with tokens? If I want to open different sessions  for the same objectID should I use different tokens?

Thanks for the help!

Tiago

Not applicable
Author

Hello Tiago,

Even i'm in the trail and error stage on this implementation.

Will surely share my progress further, also do keep sharing you experiences and implementations here.

Thanks

Sai.