Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iluilyas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using Set Analysis to filter table data

Dear All

Point-1:

I have a straight table to show the details of Active employees.

I have used this expression in "EMPLY_ID" field  "=if(EmpActive=1,EMPLY_ID)" and unchecked "Show null values" which is working exactly as the way i wanted.

I would like to know if i can use Set Analysis for this purpose?

The reason being, i would like to filter also by another condition.

Point-2:

I am also facing another issue. I have put a filter "EmpType" which has three distinct values D, F & L. I'm showing the EmpType as one of the column in this table. But when i select "F" type in filter, my table is not showing only F type employees. It still shows all records.

Is this due to the condition i put in EMPLY_ID field?

Regards

Ilyas

14 Replies
iluilyas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You mean,should i add "Measure" and use the expression? I tried that Kaushik's condition worked well.

However, how can i hide this one from the table? Its showing with 1 value as the last column

iluilyas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes i did that Kaushik. But how can i hide this from showing to the user?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Unfortunately, option to hide column is not available as of now.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
iluilyas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, searched that. I tried this "ARGB(100,255,255,255)"  in Text color expression which suppressed the values but not the header.

I guess, i will stick to IF condition at present and thanks a lot for your immediate response and help, Kaushik and Sunny.

Regards, Ilyas

jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am using this but it is giving me count of employees in my table. How to use this get employee names instead?