Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcrincon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using Tags to restrict user access to Apps and App content

Hello Everyone,

I have a new challenge:

I need to define restrict users to access specific Apps and App Contents without using User Access Section, License Access Rules and Security access rules with user names. I'd read about Tags at Qlik Help. It was not clear enough to understand how can I use a tag to restrict access.

Does anyone have a clue or example of how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Juan C. Rincon B, Demand Planner at Centro Medico Imbanaco de Cali
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

You can use Tag or even better Custom properties assigned to users and apps and write a Security rules to restrict user access over apps.

For Example:

1) Let's create a new Custom Properties called Access and assign it to resource type Users and Apps. Create 2 values for this Custom properties called GroupA and GroupB. 

2) Assign the Access custom property with the value GroupA to some users (at least one), and GroupB to other users

3) Assing the Access custom property Group A to some apps (at least one) and GroupB to other apps

4) Create a new Stream with the associated security rules "((user.@Access="GroupB" or user.@Access="GruopA"))"

5) Create a custom security rule like this:

Resource Filter: App*

Actions: Read

Condition : ((user.@Access=resource.@Access))

As result users belonging to GroupX can access only application belonging to the same group

hope this help

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vincenzo_Esposito

You can use Tag or even better Custom properties assigned to users and apps and write a Security rules to restrict user access over apps.

For Example:

1) Let's create a new Custom Properties called Access and assign it to resource type Users and Apps. Create 2 values for this Custom properties called GroupA and GroupB. 

2) Assign the Access custom property with the value GroupA to some users (at least one), and GroupB to other users

3) Assing the Access custom property Group A to some apps (at least one) and GroupB to other apps

4) Create a new Stream with the associated security rules "((user.@Access="GroupB" or user.@Access="GruopA"))"

5) Create a custom security rule like this:

Resource Filter: App*

Actions: Read

Condition : ((user.@Access=resource.@Access))

As result users belonging to GroupX can access only application belonging to the same group

hope this help