Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator

Using aggr in a dimension

Hello community,

Instead of using IF statement, i used the aggr function to create a new dimension. My problem is that the conditions i wrote inside the aggr expression don't apply.

Here's my script: =aggr({<type={'11'} ,role={'1'}>}name,name). I want to show the names of the persons of both type 11 and role 1.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Then the suggestion from Omar should work. Check the mentioned number vs. string topic and also if there are multiple names per calculation available because only() woule return NULL in such cases - a check with concat() instead of only() would show it.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Try this:

Aggr( Only({<type={'11'} ,role={'1'}>} name) , name)

aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work with the only as i can have names that have my roles or types so it returns NULL.

OmarBenSalem

and why u don't want to use the IF statement?

marcus_sommer

Do you mean an OR between both conditions, like:

Aggr( Only({<type={'11'}> +< role={'1'}>} name) , name)

Update: you should give your condition-values some attention because '11' isn't 11 and '1' isn't 1.

- Marcus

aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

i don't want to use the if statement because because once i select a name all the filters are going to appear on the filter bar 

aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

it's and not or

marcus_sommer

Then the suggestion from Omar should work. Check the mentioned number vs. string topic and also if there are multiple names per calculation available because only() woule return NULL in such cases - a check with concat() instead of only() would show it.

- Marcus

aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply, the concat works perfectly.