Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fzalexanderjohn
Creator
Creator

Using indicators (2020 new feature) in straight table

I'm trying to use the new indicator feature. Is it not possible to use the indicators similar to background color? 

fzalexanderjohn_1-1587883931480.png

fzalexanderjohn_0-1587884092761.png

In this example I want the arrows to be relative to sum(PrevYear) of that office. But it seems that this feature takes the total sum of PrevYear and applies it to all indicators. So what I want is that only C and D show green arrow, A and B should be red.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

To my knowledge, it is indeed not possible to calculate indicator limits by row level.
Hopefully that functionallity will be added one day.

You could use following guide to achieve what you want: Conditional Performance Indicators 

Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, for anyone still bothered by this, my work around was to use dual and create a basic flag. 

Anything above 1 or below 1. 

This allows you to either have it in a separate column or next to the value as intended. 

(In my example I only want to indicate things going up, but you can adjust/customize this to show how you want)

You need to wrap num formatting to master measures in order for the text to be shown as you want. 

The example below is calling master measures in the expression console. Should work with variables as well. 

Expression: if(Yesterday>[Same Day Last Year],dual(num(Yesterday,'€#.##0') ,1), dual(num(Yesterday,'€#.##0'),-1))

Yesterday vs Same Day Last Year (indicator only option)

Onyi_NwabiaRobbins_0-1666002976832.png

Wednesday 12 Oct 2022  (dynamic date label to represent actual yesterday)

Indicator with values

Onyi_NwabiaRobbins_1-1666003115811.png

Table (final results)

Onyi_NwabiaRobbins_2-1666003153289.png