cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using master measures/dimension in formulas

Hi,

I defined some master measures/dimensions and I'd like to use them in other formulas without writing entirely the formula adopted.

One possible way could be using variables but I prefer not using them.

Is it possible in this new Qlik version or we still need to wait for this implementation?

Thanks,

Marc

24 Replies
thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

Is my above comment fix your case?

In measure, I can use other master measures, like this:

- Measure 3 formular = [Master Measure 1] + [Master Measure 2]

It works well, just put the Master measure name in [...]

However, in master measure, It doesn't work with master dimension.

Qlik sense server version June 2019 

One more point FYI, this kind of master measure seems not work in some charts, I tried fine on table, but not work on scatter plot. 

tschogren
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorry, it still doesn't work, even when I put the Measure names into brackets []. I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using the November 2018 Patch2 version.

I've attached the picture of how I tried to use master measure names to calculate, but I have two master measures, [Yes Count Current] and [Yes Count Prev] and I tried to sum them. Each measure is just count(distinct if(MinCurr='Yes',Group)) to get a count of the groups that have a Yes for the current year and for the previous year.

Cathey
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

How can I upvote this too? 🙂

I want to be able to put my master items into a variable input dropbox so that I can flick between multiple master items on a dashboard. (With multiple charts / tables, alternate measures is impractical)

Having just spent ages setting all these up I'm gutted that I can't simply do this.

I believe that I can get around this by creating variables that feed into my master measures however this means that I will have two versions of every master measure (one fixed, one variable) for different purposes, doubling the numbers of measures that need to be maintained.

ps if anyone can disabuse me of my belief that this isn't possible I'm all ears 😄

Spartan27215
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

2022-08-18... Is it possible now? With Dimensions I mean. We are using Qlik cloud.

DGO
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey @Spartan27215 ,

I'm running Qlik Enterprise May 2022 and can confirm that master measures can be used in formulas.  I'm not sure when the functionality was first implemented.

In this example, I referenced two master measures in a formula.  It's actually a master measure that references two other master measures.  It's a welcomed time saver.

Sum(Aggr([Max for Current Month] - [Less Freight],JobNo))