Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using percentile on gauge

Hi,

I am using gauge currently and am trying to set the limits for the segment. Will I be able to set it as the 25th and 75th percentile on the gauge?

Thank you!

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Wei,

Are you looking to set the lower limit and the upper limit of the gauge to 25% and 75% respectively?

If so, yes you can do it.Check these properties in the properties panel:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sangram

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be easier to answer this question if you describe your current expression in the gauge chart and the underlying data model a bit more detailed.

In general, you can use the fractile() function to calculate 25th / 75th percentile, like

=Fractile( FIELD, 0.25)

Since your chart expression is probably an aggregation also, I am not sure how you want to calculate the percentile here (based on what distribution).

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

thanks for the reply.

@Sangram. No I am not setting the upper and lower limit of the gauge. I wanted to set the upper and lower limit of the segment on the gauge. On the gauge chart, under "Appearance" > "Presentation", there is a checkbox for "use segments" I wanted to use that and set limit of the segment so I know if the value falls within the 25th o 75th percentile.

swuehl‌ Please allow me to explain and hope I am clear in my explanation. I have column in my table called "speed" so the gauge chart is currently the avg(speed). I wanted the 25th and 75th percentile on the chart so that when I filter based on other dimensions such as "Providers" or "type", I will know if the avg(speed) after the filter lies within the segmented range. That is assuming that the filtering will apply to expression on the gauge chart and not the segments.

Thank you!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have a look at attached sample (BTW. it would be much easier if you could provide a small sample QVF to show your setting and your current status).

I've used two segment borders at

=Fractile({1}Speed,0.25)

=Fractile({1}Speed,0.75)

Set identifier {1} to ignore any user selections.

Not applicable
Author

Fractile works. Thanks!!