Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using the mash-up editor to integrate objects into website

My name is Tiago and my company is looking to use the power of Qlink Sense to provide some data-driven reports to our customers.

I've opened a new discussion because this seems like a whole new topic to ask about. We want an embedded solution to our website and so I've been looking into mash-ups, a bit like those shown in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz1mpM7tL40 

I think this video is probably the closest thing I've seen to the solution we wish to deploy but I have two questions:

1. If we have Qlik Sense Desktop running in the same server as our website, should I use localhost (like in the video) or something like myserver.com/.....?

2. We've run some tests using a mashup created with the single configurator with Qlik Sense Desktop and we found out that if you use some filter/interaction, it'll affect what the other users see.

a. Is that because we're using Qlik Sense Desktop instead of Qlik Sense Server?

b. Is that a session issue? Does it have to do with tokens? If I want to open different sessions  for the same objectID should I use different tokens?

Regards,

Tiago

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tiago,

Ok, So you want a visualization "A" to be embedded onto a web page, and this should be accessible by any one who view that page and also should be able to interact with it independently (a new session for each user, so that there is no conflicts while selections are made), right?

If this what you are looking for, then Yes. You can do that on the server environment. Just make sure the user has a token assigned. So the same object will generate multiple sessions and the users can work independently.

Thanks,

Sangram.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tiago,

1) You will not be having a sense desktop version once you install the server. You will be directly working in the hub on the server. Hence you will not be having a local host...you can make use of your server URL.

2)

a)That's because you are using the same instance of the application. You will not face such a intersection of selection on the server. Each users session will be independent.

b) Answer for "a" should explain this. It is going to remain independent. You will find no conflicts.

Also, the level of customization you can have in QlikSense is amazing.

Let me know if you need any information.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Our idea isn't to use the hub to define users. We want to use it only to get one single objectID to embed on our website. So, we'd like our clients to access all on that same external page.

So the question is, will the server generate a new session for each access of the same objectID?

Thanks,

Tiago

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tiago,

Ok, So you want a visualization "A" to be embedded onto a web page, and this should be accessible by any one who view that page and also should be able to interact with it independently (a new session for each user, so that there is no conflicts while selections are made), right?

If this what you are looking for, then Yes. You can do that on the server environment. Just make sure the user has a token assigned. So the same object will generate multiple sessions and the users can work independently.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Reddys310

I guess that means we have to pay for each token in order to have multiple users accessing the app without conflict.

Thanks,

Tiago

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Yes, it would be very handy if you check the license model. There are 2 types of licenses. The Named user and the login user. The login user token can be split into 10 hours and assigned to 10 users.

Thanks,

Sangram.