Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable Creation

I am trying to create a variable. I would like to take this bar chart and fade from dark to light with a blue color. I work for Michelin so preferably Michelin blue. Any suggestions?

16 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See Uploading a Sample

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Sure - click - Use advanced editor in the upper right

Then select attach in the lower right:

If you are using Qlik Sense Desktop - your .qvf is here: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Also if you are new to Qlik Sense - check out these free resources:

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally got it figured out... Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Any word on the sorting based on the ColorMix function? I tried it on a different chart with a different measure and the same is happening.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Darry - looking at it now 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - that was not what I expected but I think I got it:

it seems when using this color by expression that results in a color code when using measures with Set Analysis expressions the sorting does not work, as you stated, thanks for sending the app along so I could see it.

To fix this we use a sort by expression in the Adjustment Description:

I took the count expression: count(distinct{<[Process Code]={'AD'},[Is Completed]={'-1'}>} [Tag #] ) from the Adjustment Count and used it with the Sort by expression option in the Sorting property for the Adjustment Description.

I will find out why this behavior is the way it is, but you should be could now.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael!

Also turns out Gysbert's suggestion of using the expression HSL(0.6,0.5,0.35 + 0.5*(rank(sum(Sales))/ NoOfRows(total))) does the trick as well. I have to play with the numbers some but got it to something workable and it didn't bother my sorting either.

Your suggestions are very helpful and I greatly appreciate you looking into this for me!