Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Federico_Rizzello
Partner - Contributor III

Variable Input extension (Dashboard Bundle) stopped working with Dynamic Values on Cloud [June 2020]

Hi to all,

I got an issue with Variable Input extension (Dashboard Bundle) on Cloud versions (both Qlik Sense Business and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud). Suddenly, since 07/07/2020, the extension stopped working if alternative values are written as "Dynamic" (see screenshot). The result is a blank object. This worked up to 06/07/2020.

I submitted an issue in Qlik Support portal with case number 02021184 - VARIABLE INPUT BUNDLE EXTENSION NOT WORKING WITH DYNAMIC VALUES

Variable Input, listing Dynamic valuesVariable Input, listing Dynamic values Variable Input, remains blank on Dynamic valuesVariable Input, remains blank on Dynamic values

REPLICATION STEPS:

Step 1 - created an app (on Cloud) with just a Dummy Variable, called "DummyVariable" initialized at value "AAA";

Step 2 - created a new object "Variable Input - Fixed Values", linked to our DummyVariable with fixed values AAA,BBB,CCC; it works as intended, showing alternative values e changing the variable;

Step 3 - repeat step 2, but using Dynamic Values in format 'AAA~AAA|BBB~BBB|CCC~CCC'; here comes the ISSUE: no values are shown in the object, so users can't change the variable through this object
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Federico_Rizzello
Author

Good news: Qlik Support announced on 03/08/2020 that the bug has been fixed and released on all SaaS solutions (QSB and QSEoC). I tested it and it works as expected. Thanks to all for your support. Have a nice day!

• Case: 02021184 - VARIABLE INPUT BUNDLE EXTENSION NOT WORKING WITH DYNAMIC VALUES
  • Related Bug: Variable Input bundle extension not working with Dynamic values
  • Bug Id: QLIK-101988
  • Bug Status: Resolved
  • Update: 03/08/2020

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Ron_van_Rooij
Contributor II
Contributor II

Experiencing same issue since today. 
Thanks for reporting this to @Anonymous.

sfbi
Creator
Creator

same here... opened a support case yesterday... no answers yet...

Ron_van_Rooij
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks. Could you update in this thread when you get a reply? Much appreciated 🙂

sfbi
Creator
Creator

support just assigned the case to an engineer... as soon they update I'll post here!

MSP70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Do you have good news for us?

SDT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problems with Variable Input Extension on-premise Qlik Sense also. I have the following Dynamic input string:

='{$ <BridgeDateType={"Ordered"}, CMorOrder={"Work Order"}, SchedShipInvoice={"Not Scheduled","Scheduled","Invoiced","Shipped"}, Date={"<$(=Today(0))"}>}~Received|{$<BridgeDateType={"Shipped"}, CMorOrder={"Work Order"},  SchedShipInvoice={"Shipped","Invoiced"}, Date={"<$(=Today(0))"}>}~Shipped|{$<BridgeDateType={"Scheduled"}, CMorOrder={"Work Order"},  SchedShipInvoice={"Scheduled"}>}~Scheduled (All)|{$<BridgeDateType={"Scheduled"}, CMorOrder={"Work Order"},  SchedShipInvoice={"Scheduled"}, WorkOrder-=P({<ORStatusDesc={"In Shipping"}>})>}~Scheduled (Not in Shipping)'

And a bar chart measure defined as:

=sum( $(vReceivedorShipped) OpenOrInvoicedAmt)/1000

It is being interpreted as shown in the screen shot below. This worked until we installed the June 2020 updates (all patches also) yesterday afternoon. We were on the April update.QlikExpression.png

Note the problem is the less than and greater than symbols being replaced with '&lt;' and '&gt;'.

sfbi
Creator
Creator

nothing from support yet... its taking too long on this one...

SDT
Contributor III
Contributor III

In my case I programmed around the problem by defining each set analysis string as it's own variable in the load script. Essentially breaking up the dynamic Variable Input string into four. Then I used the Variable Input control to simply choose the variable name for the set analysis string. It then required a double expansion in the chart.

$($(vReceivedorShipped))

The first expansion substituted the correct variable name and the second brought in the string as defined in the load script.

The bug still exists so I am leaving my case open with support. I hope this helps some folks program around the problem for now.

MSP70
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, has Qlik solved for someone which has apps on Qlik Sense Business (cloud)?