Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Federico_Rizzello
Partner - Contributor III

Variable Input extension (Dashboard Bundle) stopped working with Dynamic Values on Cloud [June 2020]

Hi to all,

I got an issue with Variable Input extension (Dashboard Bundle) on Cloud versions (both Qlik Sense Business and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud). Suddenly, since 07/07/2020, the extension stopped working if alternative values are written as "Dynamic" (see screenshot). The result is a blank object. This worked up to 06/07/2020.

I submitted an issue in Qlik Support portal with case number 02021184 - VARIABLE INPUT BUNDLE EXTENSION NOT WORKING WITH DYNAMIC VALUES

Variable Input, listing Dynamic valuesVariable Input, listing Dynamic values Variable Input, remains blank on Dynamic valuesVariable Input, remains blank on Dynamic values

REPLICATION STEPS:

Step 1 - created an app (on Cloud) with just a Dummy Variable, called "DummyVariable" initialized at value "AAA";

Step 2 - created a new object "Variable Input - Fixed Values", linked to our DummyVariable with fixed values AAA,BBB,CCC; it works as intended, showing alternative values e changing the variable;

Step 3 - repeat step 2, but using Dynamic Values in format 'AAA~AAA|BBB~BBB|CCC~CCC'; here comes the ISSUE: no values are shown in the object, so users can't change the variable through this object
Labels (2)
19 Replies
sfbi
Creator
Creator

support just gave a high priority on this... I'll keep you updated...

"We have submitted an issue request to R&D to have this behavior evaluated and declared a defect. Defect ID QLIK-101988 and attached to this case. The way submitting to IT works they will evaluate the request and then we should be able to provide when the work would be done to fix it if it determined to be a defect. My expectation is that it will be. Additionally, we have escalated this evaluation to an internal team that can make sure it is treated with priority."

MSP70
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, has Qlik solved for someone which has apps on Qlik Sense Business (cloud)?

Ron_van_Rooij
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not yet. 

I checked just now and the bug is still there.

sfbi
Creator
Creator

nothing new from support yet...

ArrogantAardvark
Contributor III
Contributor III

Adding to this that the ability to reorder Fixed Values in the Variable Input control by drag-and-drop is not working.

Federico_Rizzello
Author

Hello Smith, I agree with you, it's a feature that would be much appreciated. I'm not sure, but I think this feature was never implemented. Let's hope for the future!

ArrogantAardvark
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ah, good to know. Given the appearance of the input boxes, I had assumed that they could be reordered. Agreed, this would be a nice feature.

sfbi
Creator
Creator

"I wanted to provide an update. A fix has been developed and tested. We are currently waiting on it to be applied to production which should be done by tomorrow according to our estimates. Please let me know if you have an questions in the meantime. I will send an official update when it is merged. "

hopefully tomorrow it'll be fixed.

Federico_Rizzello
Author

Good news: Qlik Support announced on 03/08/2020 that the bug has been fixed and released on all SaaS solutions (QSB and QSEoC). I tested it and it works as expected. Thanks to all for your support. Have a nice day!

• Case: 02021184 - VARIABLE INPUT BUNDLE EXTENSION NOT WORKING WITH DYNAMIC VALUES
  • Related Bug: Variable Input bundle extension not working with Dynamic values
  • Bug Id: QLIK-101988
  • Bug Status: Resolved
  • Update: 03/08/2020
Ron_van_Rooij
Contributor II
Contributor II

I can also confirm that the bug is fixed!

Thanks Qlik for the fix and thanks all for sharing the ticket status.