Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Variable extension and filter issue

Hi Qliker,

I have an issue with an app. I'm tring to use variable extension to change dimension for several charts (See App attached).

I've created two bottons 'Customer' and 'Region'. When I press one of this button my bar chart and my pie chart will have the dimension changed. Each one with a different dimension. So far every tning is fine, it's working !!

So for exemple I press the button region, my bare chart will diplay 'Region' and my pie chart will displayed 'Product Type' as requested. But if I select 'Vegetables' in my pie chart then all the filters are set in the bar filter because all those dimenssion are part of my dimension expression. I would like to only have the filter 'Product Type'... Is there a way to trick Qlik Sense?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Xavier

I think i have resolved your issue by creating a second variable that is calculated from the first.

Please see attached and mark as correct and/or helpful if it is what you are looking for

Thanks

Dan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

what is the expression you have used..

this is not the issue because of extension you have used

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

You are right it is not due to the use of the extension, but because the dimension expression is composed with several dimensions:

if((vDim)='Region',[Product Type],

if((vDim)='Customer',[Customer Number],[Date.autoCalendar.Year]))

BR

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

what is the measure you have used?

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Measure is :Sum(Sales)

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Share sample app if possible..

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Sample App is already in original message. Is it not displayed ?

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Xavier

I think i have resolved your issue by creating a second variable that is calculated from the first.

Please see attached and mark as correct and/or helpful if it is what you are looking for

Thanks

Dan

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

PERFECT !   I don't know how you came after this idea, but it's just brilliant !

Thanks for you great support