Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramanannad
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variable in set analysis TOTAL

Hi,

I have a requirement to have dimension toggle or alternate dimension in Pivot table of QlikSense. So I loaded the possible dimension values in a inline load and use it as a field to dynamically toggle dimension:

So this is how my calculated Dimension looks like:

if(getselectedcount(Dimension)=0,Region,

if(getfieldselections(Dimension)='Region',Region,

if(getfieldselections(Dimension)='State',State)))

Problem with this is, in my set analysis I am TOTAL'ing the values based on the dimension as such :

num((Sum(BASE_MSISDN)/Sum(total <Dimension> BASE_MSISDN)),'#,##0.00%')

*To get the share

With this dynamic dimension toggle, it fails as there isn't a single dimension I can specify in the red area above. Tried using a variable that captures the values in the inline field "Dimension" but this fails as well. Any suggestion on how to tackle this?

Hope the above is clear and seeking all the guru's of Qlik to help me out here

Thanks

Ram-Malaysia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this:

Num((Sum(BASE_MSISDN)/Sum(TOTAL <$(=If(GetSelectedCount(Dimension) = 0, 'Region', If(GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Region', 'Region', If(GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'State', 'State'))))> BASE_MSISDN)),'#,##0.00%')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Num((Sum(BASE_MSISDN)/Sum(TOTAL <$(=if(getselectedcount(Dimension)=0,Region, if(getfieldselections(Dimension)='Region',Region, if(getfieldselections(Dimension)='State',State))))> BASE_MSISDN)),'#,##0.00%')

ramanannad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Unfortunately this does not work. I think its the way we call the IF clause there.

Thanks

Ram

sunny_talwar

How about this:

Num((Sum(BASE_MSISDN)/Sum(TOTAL <$(=If(GetSelectedCount(Dimension) = 0, 'Region', If(GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'Region', 'Region', If(GetFieldSelections(Dimension) = 'State', 'State'))))> BASE_MSISDN)),'#,##0.00%')

sunny_talwar

Or just this:

Num((Sum(BASE_MSISDN)/Sum(TOTAL <$(=If(GetSelectedCount(Dimension) = 0, 'Region', GetFieldSelections(Dimension)))> BASE_MSISDN)),'#,##0.00%')

ramanannad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is brilliant....thanks Sunny 🙂

sunny_talwar

Not a problem, I am glad I was able to help