Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edytagra
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variable input buttons to show data in tables

Hi guys,

I have data in excel file with columns: quantinty, kilograms, coniscation in items, confiscation in kilograms. I need to create 'variables input' as these column names but also general for confiscation.

What I need to do is to show under ITEMS button - quantity in pieces and daily average.

Under KILOGRAMS button - quantity in kilograms and daily average

Under CONFISCATION button - confiscation in kilograms and cofiscations in pieces.

I thought to show it in different tables or KPIs.

I have no idea how to combine these buttons with appropriate tables/KPIs.

Whould you assist?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Not sure what you mean by input buttons. 

Your KPI's should be simple sums of the columns you indicate you have in excel: Sum(quantity), Sum(kilograms), Sum(confiscations), Sum(confiscations in kilograms)

Edytagra
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I want to show specific measures after I choose the proper button.

For instance, when I choose button 'CONFISCATIONS', I will find only two measures: confiscations in piecies and confiscations in kilograms.

I found that this may be achieved with variable input and table.

But no idea how to solve it.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

So you want 1 KPI but 4 buttons that will selectively decide what to show in the KPI.

Each button can have actions. If you have an action "Set Variable" you can set the variable to the expression you want the KPI to show. Like

Variable: vMyVariableExpression

Value: Sum(confiscations)

In your KPI simple Dollar Sign expand the variable on the fly $(vMyVariableExpression)

If you think you will go beyond 4 buttons in the future and wish to have more flexibility, be sure to check out this post I created on how to create Dimension and Measure "Islands" to allow incredible flexibility for the end users. 

https://dataonthe.rocks/an-alternative-to-alternatives/