Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable question

Hello!

I am new to Qlik Sense. Trying to create a few button extensions and have the data filter as per the selection of the button. For example, if I click 2017 in one of the button options and select one of the Business Units, the result should get reflected accordingly in the table. I have a few columns/measures in the table.

What I did was create the buttons options, one for Year, one for Business Unit. Then I created variable for Year and Business Unit. Then related the year variable with one of the measures, "Volume" in the Expression Editor. So when I clicked either 2016, 2017 or 2018 the volume would reflect accordingly. That's fine and working.

But I would like the Volume to reflect properly when I click the Business Unit. For that I added the exact same code as "Year" one, just changed it to Business Unit and changed it's variable name too.

Sum({<FY = {$(#vYear)}>}Volume)

Sum({<BusinessUnit = {$(#vBU)}>}Volume)

What am I missing here. Just the first line alone works. Along with the second, I don't get anything!! Please help.

Thank you!!

2 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Sum({<BusinessUnit = {"$(vBU)"}>}Volume)

or

Sum({<BusinessUnit = {"$(=vBU)"}>}Volume)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! But my question is I want two different variables to work...

Business unit is one field, a button that some options.

Year is another field with some options and is also a button

Volume which is a measure should populate based on the Business unit and Year selected. Currently only one field works.

I have this in my Expression editor.

/*Sum({<FY = {$(#vYear)}>}Volume)*/

Sum({<FY = {"$(vYear)"}>}Volume)

/*Sum({<BusinessUnit = {"$(vBU)"}>}Volume)*/

So currently, if I select one of the options of Year, volume is reflected accordingly. My question is how do I make Business unit to work in the same expression editor for Volume. Is the syntax wrong or is it even doable.

Thanks again for helping!