Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirmohamed
Creator
Creator

Variables missing when imported to QMC

Hi All,

I am working on a project in Qlik Sense using the Qlik Sense desktop, i have created the charts, data and variables. the file is saved then when I move my application to QMC server, then Import the application into QMC, when I open it through Qlik sense hub I can see all charts, data but all variable gone missing. I have tried to reload the application but all variables are still missing except the ones that are included in the script such as using ; set vMaxYear.

would you please advise on the issue?

Many thanks,

Amir

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

When your desktop version is more recent thant you server one; you'll face this problem.

Your server has to be same or later version then your desktop

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Omar for your reply,

Yes I have my desktop version more recent than the server one, but I have created another application and created a variable to test it, I have moved this new application to Qlik sense server and imported to QMC and the variable shows fine.

What would you suggest please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you create the variables in the script or the front end ?

I always create variables in the script,  as I have come across various quirks with front end created variables disappearing - especially when using Source Control on QlikView.  Seems like you may have found a similar disappearing quirk of front end created variables in Qlik Sense.

If variables are created in the script, then running the script will recreate them

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill,

I have created most of them in the front end but what is confusing me is in most apps the variables show fine but just in this application that it is missing all the variables

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup - That is why I called it a quirk rather than something more rock solid.

But create them in the script and you'll be fine.