Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.
Hardware for each of our servers in production and UAT:
2 * Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v3 @ 3.50GHz
CPU Cores = 4
Logical CPUs = 8
Production = 3 servers, 1 central with everything running, 1 engine only, 1 proxy + engine
1. How is load balancing performed in a multi server environment? Is it based upon what has already been loaded into memory? Is it based upon resources available?
2. Is it possible to only have certain apps accessible from selected servers?
3. Is it recommended in Qlik Sense to limit the number of concurrent reloads to (Logical CPUs- 1)? I know that was the case with QlikView. So , it would be 7 in my case.
4. Does caching work across servers? I'm guessing no is the answer here.
5. What's the recommended amount of memory to leave free for Windows processes? If I have 256GB ram, having min working set= 70% leaves a lot of memory unused.