Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

zadravecm
New Contributor II

Version Control in Qlik Sense

Hi,

I have a team that works on one Qlik sense application.

I would like to implement version control in qlik sense, (git) but I have a problem that qlik sense application produce qvf files, witch are binary.

This is problem for 2 reasons.

- We can't work on same application at the same time : we can't merge at the end because we end up with different binary.

- We have even trouble with n applications, each for developer. The idea was, that each developer "create" own application, and the pull others from git, and copy paste new stuff. The problem is that with opening applications, you change binary, so you push changed app from others.

We know how to (badly and not user friendly) solve second one, but we still have problem with first.

Do any one have the same problems? Do anyone know libraby/extension for git?

Thank you,

Marko Z

2 Replies
andrespa
Valued Contributor

Re: Version Control in Qlik Sense

Hi Marko, it's a common problem that we face too. What we do is just follow the QDF proposed solution to handle that, but in addition you can use Git LFS to handle your binary files (Gitlab has 10Gb free for that purpose)

Some useful links:

QDF Integrated Development Environment (IDE) here they use SVN but you can apply the same principle to Git.

Qlik Deployment Framework

Hope it helps,

Andrés

jp_kirton
New Contributor III

Re: Version Control in Qlik Sense

Hi Marko

Merge on QS file is not possible. Don't know if you have reviewed WIP from www.ebiexperts.com? It's a comprehensive lifecycle management solution for QlikView and Qlik Sense files.

https://community.qlik.com/groups/qlikview-enterprise-governance/blog/2018/03/22/lifecycle-managemen...

Kind Regards

JP

Community Browser