Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Virtual proxy for one specific app only

Hey experts,

Does somebody know whether it is possible to use a virtual proxy for one specific app only? The application is being used in a mashup and needs to be accessible for everybody worldwide. This means that we have set up a virtual proxy that grants access to anonymous users. Now we need to limit this to the application in questions because otherwise users could use that virtual proxy prefix to gain access to all our Qlik Sense URLs. I see that there is an option for custom properties within the virtual proxy but not sure how to configure that exactly.

We also make some changes to the Shibboleth file on ARP level, but for some reason the extensions that we are using are not accepted (among these is the geoanalytics map object). We get the error message "Invalid Visualization. The visualization was not found on the server. This extension is not available".

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Stijn

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Does somebody know whether it is possible to use a virtual proxy for one specific app only? The application is being used in a mashup and needs to be accessible for everybody worldwide. This means that we have set up a virtual proxy that grants access to anonymous users. Now we need to limit this to the application in questions because otherwise users could use that virtual proxy prefix to gain access to all our Qlik Sense URLs. I see that there is an option for custom properties within the virtual proxy but not sure how to configure that exactly.

So this isn't going to be possible. A virtual proxy is just a method of authentication. What the user can see afterwards is authorization governed by security rules. So whilst they could see the Hub, whether they'd see a stream or a set of apps in a stream is entirely up to the security rules configured in the environment. So from a security standpoint, I don't quite see where the hiccup is.

As for the extension stuff, that's more ideally handled via a Support ticket because the first pass troubleshooting steps aren't ideal to explain via text. My route would be to use the browser's developer tools (ideally Chrome) to trace the call, note the response (401, 404, etc). For 404s, confirm that the extension works elsewhere. If not, does the extension exist? Can it be added to a fresh app? Are the security rules permitting access? etc.

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Ltu,

Thanks for you reply! Good point with regards to the security, that should be fine then. So we did check the developer tools and all responses are valid. The issue here appears to be in the sources, which should be Extensions, but in our case it goes straight to a subpath (extensions/.....). I've also added a small snippet. When we are on the company network the extensions work fine.