Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikBeginner1
Creator
Creator

Visual to represent data between two date columns

Hi,

I have a bar chart, and want to represent the chart where todays date is in between two date columns. Effective date and Expiry Date.

eff exp.JPG

This is the current measure I have :

Count({$<EffectiveDate={"<=$(vTodayDate)"},Latest={"1"}>}PolicyStatus)

I may be overthinking this, so apologies if this is a simple ask. I am a newbie 🙂

Labels (2)
3 Replies
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

Do you mean that you want to have a graphic that shows a progress bar in how close vToday is to the expiry date?

ie. 

Effective Date : ||||||||||||||||||||||||| (today) __  : Expiry Date

ie (this policy is 75%) completed?

QlikBeginner1
Creator
Creator
Author

There are a list of policies which go back to 2016. However, I want the graphic to represent the policies which are basically in between the effective and expiry dates, to represent the up to date quote data. So if today is 19/02/2020, i want to select the data where the effective date and expiry date of quotes is in between todays date. This this exclude any out of date terms. The reason for this is that I have created a flag for the latest policy, however some policies which are the latest policies finished back in 2017 for example.

So if the effective date is 01-01-2019  and expiry date is 01-01-2020 - That will not be represented as it falls outside of todays date.

If the effective date is 01-01-2020 and the expiry date is 01-01-2021 - This will be represented as it falls within todays date and is a live policy.

I hope this makes more sense?

QlikBeginner1
Creator
Creator
Author

Anyone have any ideas on the above , or have I not made it clear enough?