cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atn2
Contributor
Contributor

Visualizations with two tables

Hi, this question is probably simple, but I can't seem to find any answers to it online.

I'm doing visualizations on a Data Warehouse that contains fact tables.

Each fact table consists of 3 dimensions (IDs that are connected to their respective tables) and 2 measures.

To make it simple I'll give an example:

I have a fact table about deliveries. Each delivery has a few dimensions, one is "Zone" (Europe, Asia, Africa, America, etc.).

What this means is that for each delivery there a field that contains id_zone that links to a zones table containing all info about the zones.

The visualization I want to do is very simple: I want to create a treemap chart of all the different zones and how many deliveries were made to each of them.

This is very simple to do. I just put id_zone as a Dimension, and count(id_zone) as a Measure. But the resulting chart shows the IDs of the zones as the labels, not their actual names. The actual names are contained in the zones table. 

I want to somehow replaces the ID with their corresponding names, but I can't seem to do it.

I've provided screenshots of both tables to make it more understandable. Thanks!

The current visualization:

atn2_0-1641625586229.png

Deliveries table:

atn2_1-1641625618974.png

Zones table:

atn2_2-1641625646015.png

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Load the Zones tables into Qlik as well.  Use "name" as your dimension.  Your measure should then be Count(id_delivery) as you don't want to be counting a key field. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Load the Zones tables into Qlik as well.  Use "name" as your dimension.  Your measure should then be Count(id_delivery) as you don't want to be counting a key field. 

-Rob

atn2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Worked like a charm, thanks Rob!