Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesmf1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Vlookup type expression / calculated dimension for matching non linked fields

Hi, 

Sorry for the slightly convoluted subject name. I have a schema at the moment which includes two tables that are not directly linked that both contain a Client code reference. One is under a table called Client and the field is Client Code and the other is ECSSettingPlace and ECSClientCode. Both relate to the same client and have the same reference.

Due to the way it's been created I am unable to directly link and return information from the other table if I am using the other one.

Is it possible to use a Vlookup variant in Qlik to return information in each others table?

2 Replies
suneethi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Have you looked into Mapping load and Applymap?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/MappingFun...

If the row you are going to lookup only has one value in the lookup target, Applymap can be used to return that one value or if not found to default into whatever you are mentioning in the function.

jamesmf1982
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi!

Thanks for this, unfortunately I don't have access to our script as the schema is controlled by a 3rd party company however I will pass this back to them to see how they can incorporate it. Thank you