Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

WHERE BY clause in QlikSense

Hi all,

I have 4 columns and trying to do a simple where clause in order for my KPI's to represent accurate numbers upon a user selecting a bar in a bar chart. I have attached an image below to clarify any confusion. Right now, when I select a specific value under my bar chart, my kpis are not showing the correct number. Is there a way I can set in my expression to explicitly tell Qlik that I want to grab the values 'BY' another dimension so that way I can produce the correct answer to display on my kpi?

ThanksCapture.PNG

Labels (2)
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Those expressions look good, what do you see with those expression when you select Status = 'Pending'?

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I am getting a count that over exceeds that. I think the problem is I have another view that I am joining, but if I drop that view I get the correct count. But once I bring the extra view to validate the data in sql I am getting a way bigger value for both my kpis. I thought maybe the mapping was wrong but I double checked and I have associated the third view properly in the data load editor. any other thoughts on this?

sunny_talwar

May be instead of joining the two tables, keep them as two separate tables? Because if you have a many to many joins, you might end up with duplicate data which might be causing the number to go up

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I think the real issue is once I bring in a lookup value table into Qlik for the other table (total of 3 tables, including the lookup table), Qlik is not properly associating the look up and rolling numbers up. Is there a way for me to tell Qlik not to do this? Also - in my data load editor I see associations as:

[LINE_PID] AS [LINE_ID-LINE_PID], where LINE_PID is coming from one table and [LINE_ID-LINE_PID] is the concatenated table. Can I create a mapping in the data load editor? I've created associations in the data manager but that doesn't seem to be taking into account when creating my visualizations and comparing to my sql database.