Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmlozano
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Warning of a NULL column in an aggregate function

I'm getting this error loading data through my oracle connection.

"Se ha producido el siguiente error: ERROR [HY000] [Qlik][OracleOCI] (3000) Oracle Caller Interface: ORA-24347: Warning of a NULL column in an aggregate function"

The view is working perfectly in database. And the data load was working a few months ago. ¿Any idea what's happening?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
14 Replies
jmlozano
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have found a solution with a workaround using materialized views instead of normal ones. This workaround forces me to refresh every time I need the views and take a lot of more space in Hard Disk, but I usually do this once a month, so It's acceptable right now.

parviz_asoodehfard
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same error, anybody would like to answer? Maybe it's a bug related to Sep 2020 release.

The following error occurred:
ERROR [HY000] [Qlik][OracleOCI] (3000) Oracle Caller Interface: ORA-24347: Warning of a NULL column in an aggregate function
dajjan81
Contributor II
Contributor II

I also seeing this error after September 2020 upgrade. Any solutions?

Stefan_dT
Contributor III
Contributor III

This seems to be a bug in Oracle that comes and go.

Found an old entry from 2012 on stackOverflow that reads:  “…Looking around on the net I find this was reported as a bug at various times in Oracle versions 8 and 9 - perhaps it has crept back into 11.2”

Also found an Oracle support entry for this from 19 Oct 2020 - no solution listed.

See links to mentioned posts:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11771462/ora-24347-warning-of-a-null-column-in-an-aggregate-func...
https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/Oracle%20Database%20Products/2430361_1.html#FIX 

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

We are getting this error after the upgrade to sept 2020 also.

@dajjan81 did you find a solution?

jamshed07
Partner - Contributor III

I also getting same error after upgrading nov 2019 to nov 2020

ASolhoej
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,
We found a work around in downgrading the qlik odbc connector package from 6.7.1 (November 2020 Patch 3) to 6.40.5.

jamshed07

Thank you very much for you reply, Does Downgrading Qlik ODBC connector does not affect other database connection?. Because we have multiple database connections and many tables and views in one database connections , till now this error appearing only 3 views of one database. Kindly suggest what should be do? Should we uninstall path3?

ASolhoej
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Proberly yes, we downgraded the full ODBC connection by replacing the folder.
Maybe you can just do it for the one related to Oracle. But we haven't tested that specific.