Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Waterfall chart with time dimension

Hello,

i would like to create a waterfall chart with time dimension. That means I can choose between year and month and the measure are based the selection. The starting point should be the measures of the last mont. For exampel, if I want to show the sales of December 2016, the first sales measure must be November 2016 and the last one December 2016.  I have taken the dynamic waterfall chart to create the waterfall chart I want. But I don´t get working.

I hope my problem is understable.

Does anybody have created something like that or know how to do it?

Thanks for every answers!

Christian

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample of where you have been trying this out?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

the sample you aked for.

I took the script structure like it is used in the example of the dynamic waterfall chart.

But I don´t know if I should include the time dimension in the script or in formula.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

sunny_talwar

So for right now, without selections everything looks good? All you want is that once you make a selection in particular Datum, it should show the selected month and the previous month? Do I understand this right?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

sorry my late response. I thought I have already answered your question.

Yes, you got it right. I have a screenshot how it looks like in excel:

The bar on the left side, shows the privious month (October) and right one shows the cumulated measures of November.

I hope it makes my issue more clear.

Thanks

Christian

Not applicable
Author

No one can help me with my problem?

sunny_talwar

I understand what you are looking for, but what are these dimension values here? These seems very different from the chart?

Capture.PNG

Is this the Sum of all individual values for last period? and the one on the right the same for this period and then use the in between bars to show the change?