Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web Integration/Write-back with Sense

Hi

I'm looking to embed Qlik Sense visuals within a Web page that also contains some data input elements (Free text, Radio Buttons etc.). Is it possible to link the Qlik visuals to the data input and have them change instantly once it's been updated please?

Cheers

Tony

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The Qlik Associative data model that underlies the charts is refreshed on server reload so to answer your question it depends on whether the data input requires an instant response.

I believe with View (not seen it for Sense but see no reason why not) you can include real time data connections into your data model note you will not gain any of the speed you have from the Qlik model as its not loaded in memory but rather called directly from the data source and will be beholden to its availability and load performance. (not recommended)

If you don't need to store the user input then you can use extensions from Qlik branch to provide the input into your web pages and update the visualisations instantly.

If not you are beholden to the time it takes to reload the underlying data into the model.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andy

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

its called

Direct Discovery or direct query if you want to know more about real time connection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

Thanks for the response, real time data connectivity should be fine as the data volumes are relatively small. I'll look at the Branch extension as I might be able to get away with not storing the input, though that would be the preference.

Cheers

Tony

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

No problem, glad I could help.