Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
jamelmessaoud
Contributor

Week to Week Comparison

Hi guys,

I have two years-worth of data and I would like to gauge an increase/decrease from week to week of a total parcels.

Is this possible at all?  I have used the following to give me a "week number"

AutoNumber(weekyear(Date) &'|' & week(Date))

But I am not sure how to go about getting the total as a difference week to week?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Thanks

J

Labels (2)
4 Replies
timpoismans
Valued Contributor

Re: Week to Week Comparison

If you have a Calendar in your application, you can easily get weeknumbers, per year by just doing as you've suggested.

Week(Date) gives you the weeknumber of a date. You can also make a field in your calendar called WeekYear where you just add the weeknumber to the year.

If you then use the Week or WeekYear as a dimension in a graph, you can just use Sum(parcels) which will give you parcels per week in your graph/table/...

Comparison can be done with the Above function, which you should have figured out by now 😉

jensmunnichs
Contributor III

Did this not get answered in your other post ?

Or are you now asking how to do this in script?

jamelmessaoud
Contributor

The problem is from my previous post I have discovered there is no Week 1 versus Week 5 of the previous month.  To do this I think i am going to have to give each week in the year a week number.

This request from my boss has really baffled me to be honest!! Haha

jensmunnichs
Contributor III

So is the problem that the week numbering is off? I'm still a bit confused. It would help a lot if you could post a mock-up of your expected results, perhaps in comparison to what you have now if possible.