Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WeekDay function is not available on QlikSense

I seem to can't find the weekday function in latest QlikSense.

Please refer attached. Any reason ??

WeekDay.JPG

7 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Means its not working or how it is?

you can create weekday()   function  in script that will reflect in filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Strange, the weekday function is available and working for me in Qlik Sense 3.1 SR4.

Just tested this expression and it returned Wed as I would expect.

• weekday(today())
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yes,It works inside charts and text objects, but when I try to load it  as a calculated field inside Data Manager it doesn't give me the function.

Steps I followowed,

Go To 'Data Manager' view

Select the table with date column

Click 'Edit this Table Icon'

Add Field >> Calculated Field

Select Expressions field

Click 'Fx' Icon >> From Functions category select Date Functions

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is there and it works in script and on UI - Keep using it

cheers

Lech

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

My Mistake I think I should've mentioned the where I get the issue.

Yes, It's available on Load Script as well as on Charts,Tables etc. (UI)

But in Data Manager, when I try to Add a calculated column it doesn't give me 'weekday()' (Screenshot in the first post)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I never use Data Manager as i prefer to do it old fasion way by writing script in script editor and adding dimensions and measures in App overview. The end result is the same and you spend less time doing it as Data Manager seems to work slow for me.

Now to your topic - I understand that function is not appear in function list, but can't you just type "weekday()" in it (instead of using (F(x)) icon)?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I do use the old fashion way for developments, But when doing demo's for potential customers I find using the Data Manager is clean and neat way to add a column.

And no, even typing weekday() in the expression box gives an invalid function error.

This seems like a bug from Qlik side, hopefully they'll fix it in a future release.