Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pal25
Contributor III
Contributor III

Weekday function giving 0 output, can any one help identifying the error ?

Hi,

My formula is like this - SUM({<Weekday={"$(=Weekday(Max(Date)))"}>}Value)

The one in orange are data fields, while the one in blue are Qlik functions.  My value field is available in the data for each weekday ( Mon to Sun). I want to pull the value for the Weekday which matches the Weekday of the latest available date in the data. 

When i replace my code which is underlined by a name such as 'Monday', then formula given correct output. But the above mentioned isnt working as i have to make it dynamic based on the latest weekday

Can someone help where is the error and how to solve it 

2 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Pal25,

Suggestion 1: A thought - cast the  max(date) back to a date format, like date(max(date))?

Suggestions 2 : 

Weekday function is 0 based.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunc...

Suggestions 3: I believe if you add “total” as:  Weekday(Max(Total Date)) you should get what you specified. I think it’s considering each date individually without it.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Weekday() returns a dual value  ie  'Mon' and 0; it does not return 'Monday'

So if your Weekday field has values like 'Monday','Tuesday'    then it will NOT match with 'Mon' or 'Tue'

I suggest you recreate your Weekday field or create a new Weekday field using the weekday() function

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.