Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puffy
Contributor III
Contributor III

What does it mean and new release of Feb 2019 QS

Hello dear experts, 

I might have a silly question, as first entered into script editor, there is a main tab with some script already on it. as a newbie, I would like to know what is the purpose of this default script? can it be deleted? script editor main script.PNG

second question related to the new release of the new Feb QS, since I just downloaded the Nov.2018 version last week to start learning QS, now I heard a new version is up, how can I upgrade to new version? download and install over the old version or i need to uninstall the old version and install the new one? and I cannot find the correct link, the link direct me to qlikview. 

Thanks guys.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The default script sets the values of a number of system variables that are used for interpretation and display of numbers and dates, month names, what day is considered the first day of the week etc. You can find more information in the online help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/NumberInte...

You can install the newer version without having to uninstall the currently installed version.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The default script sets the values of a number of system variables that are used for interpretation and display of numbers and dates, month names, what day is considered the first day of the week etc. You can find more information in the online help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/NumberInte...

You can install the newer version without having to uninstall the currently installed version.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The script is to set the system environment variables. Don't delete it. Generally you would leave that in place and start your script in a new section.

To upgrade, simply download the new version and install. It will replace the existing version.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein