Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

What folders to backup

Hello

I'm new to Qlik Sense

I just want to know which folders do we have to backup for Qlik enterprise (server)

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ali,

Backup the apps folder, data files, content and extensions folders

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

What needs to be backed up of course depends on the requirements, e.g. some folks need logs for auditing requirements. The ideal tool to take care of it would the Repository Snapshot Manager (Using the Repository Snapshot Manager ‒ Qlik Sense) since it'll take care of all the files / folders that are needed to restore the site. For a schema of a tool which I have used before with success is RepositorySnapshotManager.exe -backup -ver=2.2.4.0 -path="c:\QlikSenseBackups" -u=DOMAIN\QlikSenseServiceAccount -p=DoNotUseThisPasswordChangeToYourOwn -databasePassword=DoNotUseThisPasswordChangeToYourOwn -certificatePassword=password -f

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

can I use the RSM for the following situation

We have a functional Qlik Sense site on a server machine M1

Now we bought a new machine and we want to move the site to the new machine

can we restore everything to the new machine M2?

will everything be the same in terms of tokens, scheduled tasks etc...

Please advise

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Migrating to a new machine is more complicated than a simple backup and restore the same machine. The complicating factors include but are not limited to: host.cfg has a base64 encoded servername so it will need to be adjusted and server certs are generated to the hostname from the trusted root.

I suspect your partner manager has folks who may have a document ready to go or mostly ready to go to walk through the steps. A colleague in support has a document which he put together but I'd rather not post it out there since it's a quick draft (targeted primarily for our consultants) and not a fully vetted guide. You can create a ticket with support and reference this thread and I'll see if we can provide something.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

btw I cannot find the Repository snapshot manager

it is not located under c:\program files\qlik\sense\reporsitory\util\

util folder doesn't exist

please advise

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

What version are you running? Did you install Qlik Sense to another drive (e.g. is there a C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense folder at all?) If I recall correctly RSM should be on all versions 2.0.3+.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I have version 2.2.4

yes there is c:\program files\qlik\sense\repository

but inside repository folder there is no Util folder nor the rsm.exe exists

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Odd. I've attached a fully working version of the Repository for 2.2.4 (there were some bugs in the 2.2.4 build in some circumstances). This is a standalone .EXE so it can be moved to where-ever and ran from where-ever

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

thank you very much indeed