Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What happened to the F1 key?

Good afternoon,

Call me old fashioned, but I kind of got used to having access to QlikView context sensitive help upon hitting the F1 key, especially while coding expressions or data load scripts.

Now for scripts, the new data load editor provides a "Help Mode", which allows access to a context sensitive online documentation. I would have preferred a local .hlp file, but I guess online is ok since I don't do much coding while I'm on the train.

Perhaps the expression editor could also provide this "Help Mode" so that I am not tempted to open QlikView and hit the F1 key there in order to get further details on less commonly used functions?

Cheers,

Philippe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Philippe - I will pass your suggestions on to the Product Management team.

For certain areas in the Qlik Sense hub and other interfaces, there is context sensitive help, when accessing the help menu while in the page you are in. However, I understand what you mean about the "F1" key.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Philippe - I will pass your suggestions on to the Product Management team.

For certain areas in the Qlik Sense hub and other interfaces, there is context sensitive help, when accessing the help menu while in the page you are in. However, I understand what you mean about the "F1" key.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Michael!