Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What if analysis changing dates into a rangesum

Hi everybody,

I've got a table that contains Engines that will be built in a certain date and it shows the Engine code, the quantity that will be produced and the date of production. I also have some orders that indicates when the parts that the engines are made of will arrive at the storage and so, for example:

Order 1 will bring pieces A, B, C on the  20th of June and on the 21st of June the company will build the engine 1 with the pieces A, B and C.

Imagine I've got lots of orders and lots of engines produced and I'm computing the cumulative sum into the script so that I always can have an idea about which pieces there will be in the storage on a certain date.

Now, everything works, but I'd like to give the users the possibility to change the date on which one engine will be produced.

To so I'm using 3 variables and I say, if variable 1 = old production date and variable 2 = engine that we want to produce on a different date, then show variable 3 as the new date, otherwise show me the old date.That is fine and I can also compute the cumulative sum on the front end using a rangesum, but when I try to compute it with the new date (and so aggregating by the pieces that the engine is made of and the the new date that is inside variable 3) I get a wrong result. I saw that the problem is given by the new date (obviously) because Qlik doesn't aggregate by the variable.

What would you suggest me to do? Does anybody have other ideas, like creating "variable fields"? Maybe my approach is completely wrong!

Thanks a lot for your help,

best regards

Nicolò Cogno

7 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

In Qlik Sense there are no objects input box, so there is no possibility to organize the "what if" analysis as beautifully as in QlikView (at least without the use of extensions). How "crazy" an idea, may be this fragment of analysis to realize using QlikView Desktop?

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrey and thanks for your reply.

I'm just using the extension that let me set variable values front end. Which extensions would you suggest me to use?

Or do you think it's really not possible to do that?

Thanks again,

Nicolò

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i think you should provide us a sample app in order to understand well what is your expected result.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, but I can't do that

I think that creating a kind of "variable field" available to aggregate the rangesum would solve my problem, but I don't know if this is possible

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Try searching for the desired extension here http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=1.155293491.969441869.1475654915#!/project

Simply, I'm generally against the use of extensions, if not I created it, or I myself can not fix it when nessesary. You very much depending on the developer and not the fact that he will in the future maintain this extension.

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you, I already searched there before asking, but I just found the qSimpleVariable extension that is helpful for me, but doesn't solve my problem, or is more likely me that doesn't figure out how to solve this

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe there will be something useful here?

"What if" Analysis in Qlik Sense