Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
analienx
Contributor III
Contributor III

What is the base sheet/private sheet ordering logic and how to make it "non-random" while approving?

As you well know it is possible to approve community sheets to have them as base sheets. In many cases the approved sheets appear to be in "random" order. What is the logic behind and how one can actually do it it?

Labels (5)
2 Replies
analienx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

• Sheet Rank is different for Base sheets and User´s sheets. It works the way that User´s rank is starts from 0 regardless of Base sheets - it has  its own ranking. So to be able to add the sheet as the last one you need to have your sheets rank higher than the base sheets.
    The workaround with “re-ordering the sheets before publishing” would be needed only once in the non-published app and the ordering preserves after publishing.
    If someone wanted to make changes to existing base sheet it is possible to do so but he should not change order of this sheet (if he did he would need to unapprove,unpublish and re-order the sheets )
    The best work-around is to make sheets rating < 0 before publishing an app. Easiest way to achieve so is to reorder the sheets before publishing an app and checking whether they have negative rank over DEV-HUB
  • The workaround with “re-ordering the sheets before publishing” would be needed only once in the non-published app and the ordering preserves after publishing.
  • If someone wanted to make changes to existing base sheet it is possible to do so but he should not change order of this sheet (if he did he would need to unapprove,unpublish and re-order the sheets )
eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi Analienx!

Our site has just been upgraded to June 2019 release and I'm seeing the same behaviour now that I can promote Community sheets to Base sheets.

How do you change the 'rank' of sheets? I've tried unapproving/unpublishing, then ordering and republishing/reapproving, but this still seems random when the sheets make it to Base sheet status.

Did you resolve this?

Thanks

Chris