Partner - Creator III

What is the minimum loading time for joining 10 Lakh records Qlik sense

I Have 4 tables in my app

table 1 -20 Lakh records

table 2 - 3 Lakh records

table 3 - 17 lakh records

table 4 - 5 Lakh Records

Eg:

table 1 and 3 have 5 common dimensions : Date,Product_ID, Cust_ID, Depart_id  &  City_ID

Table 2 have only date

Table 4 have Date,Depart_id  ,Cust_ID

What is the minimum time for loading & joining into single table.

Its going more than one hour, 

if having any other good solution please suggest!! 🙂

Labels (3)
5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, 20 Lakh is 2 million?

Make sure that table 2 date is called Date (with initial uppercase as in table 1). If both tables has no fields in common and you do a simple join (which by default is an outer join) it will try to make a cartesian product and that can cause the increased loading time... and also a lot of duplicated records.

Also it depends of the data, if in example table 2 has let's say... 100 different values by each date joining table 1 and table 2 will end in a 200 million records table, and thats before joining table 3 and table 4, so having the same values in key fields can cause that increased amount of data (and it will need a lot of time).

Are you sure you end with the desired data or there are unexpected duplicates?

UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Not having any duplicate records.

you mentioned that Table 2 having Date alone which will end up 200 million records,

please suggest me to overcome this issue

rubenmarin

That's only if table 2 has many different rows with the same date. Is this happening?

UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I haven't loaded fully, i stopped in halfway as it was taking much time and when other colleagues trying to load because of my single app, server getting slow.

rubenmarin

Hi, you are not answering my questions, not about duplicate dates, not about the uppercase in Date/date...

Anyway, you can do a debug reload (the bug button near 'reload now') with a limited amount of records (the check box 'limited reload', with a number of records).

With a bit of luck you can see what is doing and get a hint of why is taking so much