Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliverjames23
Contributor
Contributor

What's the best way to restrict or limit search option data for tables in Qliksense?

Hi,

In Qliksense, I want to restrict or limit the data in the search option.

Amount of data:

Load * Inline [

Code,ID
A,1
B,2
B,3
D,4
E,5

];

I have created a Table Chart in Qlik sense, I need only Where Code = B Data need to Display, I created a
Backend or front end Exp where Backend: if(Code=’B’,Code) as BCode same into the Qlik Dimension
expression I have used.

Output is this:

I am seeing all the records when I search in the ID field. I should see only the records where code B is 2,3.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter. Thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This sounds like it's behaving as expected. Searching from a field will search all values of that field, not just the values displayed in a specific table. You could create e.g. if(Code = 'B','ID') as ID_For_Table and use that in your table instead of the regular ID column.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I'm not sure where you are having problems. 

In the image below I have create 2 filter boxes and have selected B. If I do a "search" the system correctly tells me that the values for ID's other than 2-3 can't be found. 

The filter panel for ID's shows other values, but they are in Dark Grey meaning they are excluded.

In the table on the right I've applied the code from above response to force it to filter to only ID's for B regardless whether it was ever filtered or not.

In the bottom table when B is selected only the 2 rows for B are shown. 

SearchResults.png