Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When memory is released?

Hello

I have not been able to find precise information about this matter

I need to know how long the  data stays in memory, i only found  this:

"RAM is freed when the application is no longer used."...

How long it waits to detemine the application is no longer used?

I have had data in the RAM for one week and it has not been deleted yet

Thanks

Camilo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe have a look at

http://global.qlik.com/de/~/media/Files/resource-library/global-us/direct/datasheets/DS-Technical-Br...

(the document is about QV server, but I think the basic principles are still valid)

In general, there is no need to free memory for QV if the memory is not requested by another app, so there is nothing really wrong with keeping some information still in memory to allow for faster re-accessing the information when re-using the application.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe have a look at

http://global.qlik.com/de/~/media/Files/resource-library/global-us/direct/datasheets/DS-Technical-Br...

(the document is about QV server, but I think the basic principles are still valid)

In general, there is no need to free memory for QV if the memory is not requested by another app, so there is nothing really wrong with keeping some information still in memory to allow for faster re-accessing the information when re-using the application.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  that is exxactly what i was looking for,  i had no problem with keeping the information on , but the opposite, wanted to make sure the information was still there when required

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

This largely remains true in Qlik Sense with one exception, inside the Engine settings there is a value for how long an app will stay in memory (Editing an engine ‒ Qlik Sense) called App cache time. This value + the above document should get you where you need to go.