Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jishnu
Contributor III
Contributor III

When the Qlik Sense PostgreSQL Data is updating

Hi Team,

In Monitoring apps I couldn't find any latest data after reloading the report. 

I want to see the today's tasks details in Monitoring App, so I have reloaded the App but i couldn't find today's data after refreshing the App.

Could you please let me know the reason?  

Thanks,
Jishnu G S

6 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Jishnu,

This is due to the logs not being moved into the archived logs. They are moved later at the day and then when the app has reloaded they will become visible.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Jishnu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jordy,

OK.

Is there any possibility that we can get the latest day ? Can we change the timings of log movement ?

Thanks,
Jishnu G S

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Not sure, because this is done by the system. You would have to change this or change the app and get also files from the other folder. Both possible, but not sure if you want to change this (if you update the apps, the change is lost again).

Do you want to use it or look into the logs?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Jishnu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I want to use the Operation Monitor app for checking the task status and details.

Actually the data is extracting from the Repository Database using the rest connection right ?

Thanks,
Jishnu G S

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Jishnu 

1. The Monitoring apps continue to check for recent logs in the database and use these logs for approximately ten hours after the last log message is written in the database. If the database logging is turned off, no new log entries for the load script can be found, and this can cause the reload process to fail.

2. We had to follow the below steps:

• Duplicate the Operations Monitor app in the QMC.
  • Open the duplicate app in the Qlik Sense hub.
  • Update the load script at line 9 by changing the variable db_v_file_override from 0 (default value) to 1 as follows: SET db_v_file_override = 1         
  • By setting this variable to 1, the script will not check for log entries in the database logging.
  • Save the app.
  • Replace the existing Operations Monitor app by publishing the duplicate app to the Monitoring apps stream and selecting Replace existing app.
  • Launch the Operations Monitor reload task again. If it does not work immediately, wait a few minutes and reload again.

3. Sometimes if above does not fix you need to backup and remove monitor app QVD's and logs related to monitoring app from the folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log so when you reload it will load the data from the start and not an incremental update.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Jishnu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Padma,

Can you make the point no 1 more clear ?

If i need to see the 7:00 AM task details in monitoring app, i need to refresh the app at 5:00 PM ?