Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where is saved a QlikSense app created on the Hub?

Hi all,

I have made a new installation of a QlikSense server and I want to retrieve all the applications created in the hub. For the applications imported I reimported from my App file. Where can I find the qvf files of the applications created in the hub?

Thank's a lot.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Benjamin,

Following on from your last reply, you are correct that the files are saved in the ProgramData folder. They will be stored as files with a long file name. To actually get them opened in Qlik Sense Desktop for example or to import them into other servers you can simply rename the file extension to .qvf.

Another alternative is to actually export the required app from the management console of your server.

Please mark this response as correct and helpful if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Benjamin,

Once the app is created in the hub , a QVF file is created in this location:

C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks a lot for your answer but in the QlikSense server the applications seems to be stored only as files with name like this one:

7fe19aac-787a-441d-9912-bd22b71b9832.

You can find them, in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps I didn't find the file that you told me.

Regards,

mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Benjamin,

Following on from your last reply, you are correct that the files are saved in the ProgramData folder. They will be stored as files with a long file name. To actually get them opened in Qlik Sense Desktop for example or to import them into other servers you can simply rename the file extension to .qvf.

Another alternative is to actually export the required app from the management console of your server.

Please mark this response as correct and helpful if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thanks,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Mark It's working.

Have a nice day

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

In the server edition the apps have have names allocated like that.