Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III

Where not Wildmatch problem

I use wildmatch to filter out the waste line. But I get discrepancies with what I filter in excel with my hands. In the click after filtering

Where not wildmatch(Filed_1,'G*','OPA_A','OPA_R','OPA_PP','D110*')
and not WildMatch("Field_2",'WAS*')   ------> gives me 165 fretchet lines
   if i do the same filter in excel file i will get 450K lines

Where did another 300k lines disappear in a qlick ?

Labels (1)
  • load

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution: everything will work if I use  the following exspression :

Where  wildmatch(Filed_1,'G*','OPA_A','OPA_R','OPA_PP','D110*')=0
and  [Field]<> 'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' 

Or another way to solve this problem is to download your data using csv-file.using this method, you don't have to change anything in the expression :  Where not wildmatch(Filed_1,'G*','OPA_A','OPA_R','OPA_PP','D110*')
and not WildMatch("Field_2",'WAS*')  ------> and its works !

It's great that it works, but I do not know the reason why this happens. Maybe you could explain it ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PrashantSangle

in this case do reverse engineering. check those value present in excel & not in qlik. that will help you to find solution.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution: everything will work if I use  the following exspression :

Where  wildmatch(Filed_1,'G*','OPA_A','OPA_R','OPA_PP','D110*')=0
and  [Field]<> 'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' and [Field]<>'exact value' 

Or another way to solve this problem is to download your data using csv-file.using this method, you don't have to change anything in the expression :  Where not wildmatch(Filed_1,'G*','OPA_A','OPA_R','OPA_PP','D110*')
and not WildMatch("Field_2",'WAS*')  ------> and its works !

It's great that it works, but I do not know the reason why this happens. Maybe you could explain it ?

View solution in original post