Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which takes precedence: User Access or Login Access?

We assign users user access or login access based on membership in AD groups.  What if someone is in both groups?  Which access would they get?

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I am not sure.  It would make no sense for a user to have both tokens.  So if they qualified for a user access token then they should get that one over the login token. 

I don't know what happens if you try to allocate a 2nd token to a user.  You could test it by trying to do it manually in the QMC and see if Qlik Sense would even allow that.  If it will not let you do it there then I would assume that it would not do it through the UDC.

Worst case you try it with the user that is in both groups and see what happens.  If they do get both it will not hurt anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's not really that I have one person who is in both groups.  It turns out that I need to include a group as a member of the Login Pass group.  This subgroup happens to contain some people that should get user access.

lucienorrin
Creator
Creator

I thought I read somewhere that User Access would take precedence but I can't remember where I read it.

I have the same question for basically the same situation.

I would think the scenario would be a common one based on the ADs I've worked with.