Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator

Why does Qlik Sense Desktop lose connection?

Once every few reloads I get this error. And this only happens in the DLE while reloading. Any suggestions on what might be causing this and/or which log files to look at?

And after this happens my user is no longer authenticated so all of my app windows close and I have to log in again. This was happening with one of the early 2019 releases and I just updated to the June 2019 release.  And it is still happening

This totally interrupts my workflow and so far seems totally unpredictable. Any suggestions or discussion would be greatly appreciated. I'll be happy to do any digging.

2019-08-15 16_21_12-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Labels (4)
7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Seems that the engine is crashing, check the windows event logs and see if the engine is in fact crashing. The crashing could be that you running out of memory, reload the app and open the windows task manage and check if the memory if going to its limits. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @Giuseppe_Novello! I see warning and information events happening exactly when this happens. I also see the same message as an error before I reload data in the DLE. 

In Windows using the Event View I looked at Windows Logs and then Application. There I saw this Warning, Error and Information-level event with the source being Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher:

"The description for Event ID 300 from source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Child process (16180) started
Facility = Sense Engine
ExePath = Engine\Engine.exe
Script =
Command Line"Engine\Engine.exe" -P 9076 --WSPath "C:\Users\liamh\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client" --MigrationPort 9074 --DataPrepPort 9072 --NPrintingPort 9073"

Giuseppe_Novello

thanks, but no, thats not an error, the " The description for Event ID 300 from source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher cannot be found. "  is just saying  "windows can understand the Qliks logs, but here we tried our best placing it here", but it is not an actual error, in the contrary it is saying the engine is starting, which I am expecting. What I am more looking for if it is saying like "crash" or "stopped" ( at the same time when you get the error).

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok thanks. Hmm am I looking in the right place?

Giuseppe_Novello

can't say, I not sure what you are looking. Looking into the Windows event logs ( system and application) look for an actual term "crash" or " shut" or  "close", thou you know it is still open. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
liam_hanninen
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm still not seeing anything in the Windows event logs that match your description. Could there be anything in the Qlik logs? If so which folder of logs would I look at?

Giuseppe_Novello

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log, here you find the logs, and sure you can explore there and see if you find something that might lead you to the root cause. 

Giuseppe Novello