Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

Why the file size is huge between Normal export and formatted export to Excel in Vizlib

Hi all

When I export vizlib pivot table as formatted data to excel the data size is about 151 mb

The same pivot table when I do "Fast export pivot table to excel" the size is 1.9 mb

please can anyone help me to understand why the size difference is huge

Secondly, when I open 151mb formatted file and save as different name the file size becomes 2.3 mb, the size reduces drastically also there is no difference in table appearance

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The available libraries for Excel imports/exports for any third-party-tools aren't the same as Excel as desktop tool. Differences might be occur in the way the compression is performed (a xlsx is only a zip-container for multiple xml-files) or if any data store-optimization could be applied.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the export is done seriell cell for cell and assigning for each the format-information within an own xml-branch. To conclude if a whole column or even the entire table has the same format and could be therefore much more efficient addressed with a cell-range needs an extra evaluation - in beforehand or afterwards - which is probably above the technically and/or licencing possibilities respectively beyond the main-aim of the export - just exchanging data.

- Marcus